Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Polo Ponies

I need to do a bit of catching up.  I've been painting continuously, but I haven't been blogging as much.  I finished my third polo pony, and my fourth, which are below.  I'm feeling a lot better about how they're turning out.  I really like the red background, which I think makes the horses pop.  Plus, I'm getting closer to the looser brushstrokes I like.  It's hard not to be so controlling, but the more I loosen up, the easier it gets, especially with the larger paintings.

I'm now contemplating my next project.  I have one more polo pony to paint, but before I do, I want to do some smaller pieces for the upcoming Potter League Have a Heart Cocktail Party and Auction on Friday, February 8.  I'm thinking some small bunny paintings.  I've never painted bunnies before!  And it's for a great cause.  This awesome shelter does so much for the animals, and this event is always a bit of fun.  Check it out.

Polo Pony III - 18x24"

Polo Pony IV - 16x20"



No comments: