Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cayce

I wanted to blog about this separately, as this painting was a little more special to me than my other pieces.  Cayce belonged to some good friends of mine, and sadly died just before Thanksgiving 2012.  Sadder still, he was a young dog in his prime, and he was such a sweetie.  He had a big personality to match his big heart, and of course, being a Weimaraner, he was a very big dog.  It broke my heart to hear he was gone, especially as I knew my friends loved him so much, so I decided to give them a surprise and do a painting of their beloved puppy.  I've done a few paintings like this now, and it's incredibly rewarding, and even a little therapeutic.  I'm not a particularly religious or spiritual person, but it often feels like I can sense them when I'm painting their portrait, but then maybe that's because I knew them in life, and it's my way of grieving.  I also did a painting of my husband's cat Corrina after she passed away, and he told me it helps him to see her picture every day, so hopefully my friends feel the same way.  RIP Cayce.

Cayce - 18x24"

No comments: