Monday, May 26, 2014

Kittypalooza

Have been working on a few projects over the winter, but my latest involves a lot of kitties.  My local veterinary practice commissioned me to do a small grouping of kitty paintings for their cat exam room.  I love animals, so it's been fantastic to paint what I love most.  Unlike dogs, cats generally have the same shape, but each one is unique, and I've learnt so much about their faces.  If possible, I've come to appreciate their beauty and individuality even more.  Here are three of the portraits.  All but two of the cats, who are resident kitties at the vet's office, are rescue cats from the Potter League, our fantastic local no-kill animal shelter, who I hope have long since been adopted into good homes.  The three shown here are Potter cats.

"Penny" - 8x8"

"Tigger" - 8x8"

"Wylee" - 8x8"

No comments: