Thursday, August 18, 2011

Inspiration and Rejuvenation

Oh dear! It's been far too long since I last blogged. I'm kind of embarrassed. But it's not like I've been inactive. I took a break from painting and tried my hand at writing, which is an ongoing process that will probably never end, but I'm back into my painting again, thank goodness. I feel better for it. In fact, I just entered my first show of the year at the Portsmouth Arts Guild, and won 2nd Place for my painting "The Shop Below Edwige"! Score! Stupid me, though. I forgot to take a photograph of my winning piece, so I will do that soon, then post it. Promise!

Wanted to mention one of my favorite authors too, Maggie Stiefvater. She penned the "Shiver" trilogy, and has a new book out in October called "The Scorpio Races". I love her writing, and she's an artist too, in every sense of the world - painter, musician, writer. How can you beat that? Here's an animated trailer for her book, which she created herself: http://youtu.be/tojCn2Y41ig And if you're interested in the book, you can pre-order a signed, doodled copy here: http://www.fountainbookstore.com/autograph-maggie

Well, that's all from me for now. Promise not to be a stranger. Will post some of my more recent work soon. Onwards and upwards!

No comments: