Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Updates!

"Night Lights" - 8x10"

There's a few things to update you on. Firstly, I won 2nd Place at the Imagine Yellow exhibition this month at Portsmouth Arts Guild with my painting "Night Lights". That was rather exciting, and quite unexpected!

This month I also made my first trip to New York City, which was fantastic! I love NYC! I love the buzz, the hustle and bustle, the honking taxi cabs and the bright lights. There was so much to look at! Weather wise my first day was pretty wet and miserable, but there was a fabulous silver lining. I took plenty of photos and the best ones were from the rainy day - lots of umbrellas and reflections. I've already created two paintings, and I'm currently working on my third. I'm thoroughly enjoying immersing myself in the city to create these pieces. It's almost as good as actually being there again. I'm definitely going back, and soon!


"Rainy NYC Day" - 12x16"


"NYC Taxi" - 20x24"

After my NZ trip, I also created some NZ themed paintings, which I will soon post to my website. I plan to update my website and make a few changes, so it may be a few more weeks.

No comments: