Saturday, March 7, 2009

ALRI Associate Members Show

"End of Winter Sale" 2009 - 16x24"

It's showtime again. This time I entered a painting into the Art League of Rhode Island exhibit "End of Winter" at Spring Bull Gallery in Newport, which opened tonight. I named my painting "End of Winter Sale". Not very original, I know, but I was trying to be clever.

I've also just completed two other paintings for the Portsmouth Arts Guild Annual Members All-Media Exhibition which starts March 12. I went for a floral theme, inspired by some beautiful pale pink tulips I'd been given in February for my birthday. My style was much more representational with these pieces, only because I wanted to render the beauty of the flowers more accurately.

I have one more month to paint and prepare for the upcoming shows before I'm away on holiday for 3 weeks. I'm going to New Zealand in April to visit family and friends. I only get back home every 2 years or so, so I'm really looking forward to the trip, and hoping for a lot of photo ops so I can paint up a storm when I get back.


"Ballerina" and "Tulips" 2009 - 11x14"

No comments: