Monday, December 29, 2008

Late Night Movie

"Late Night Movie", 16x16"

I finally finished it! The last thing I did was add the figure and the image on the movie screen. This painting is sort of a self-portrait, as that's me in the chair.

I'd planned to put a figure in the painting from the start, and I realized it would be easier to use myself as a model. That meant going back to the same movie theatre where I'd taken the original photo, which was at the Warwick Showcase cinemas, and getting my husband to take the photo. Unfortunately there are many different theatres there so even after seeing several movies I was unable to find the right seating arrangement.

In the end I waited for the next big release, which turned out to be "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with Keanu Reeves. I suffered for my art, literally, as it was a terrible movie, but I got my shot and, hey presto!

No comments: